Keeping Up with Nifty Natalija


In 2015, we saw Natalija walk through our gates on our Thailand week, and as we celebrate her 20th camp anniversary, she shares her journey at Sugar Bay and how camp has become her second home.

"I always felt like a little bit of an outcast at school, but when I came to camp I just blended in; I was welcomed by the warmest and kindest counselors that I still hold close to my heart to this day.

With Walnut being one of the counselors that helped her push through her insecurities, Natalijila dreams of being a counselor so she can help other kids come out of their shell.

"I already have a counselor name! That's how serious I am. In 2 years I will be doing my C.I.T course and I'm pretty excited about it."


Quick Q&A 


1. What has been your favourite themed holiday camp and why? 

"Definitely Thailand week! It was the start of me finding my voice. I found a place where I could be myself fully." 

2. If you could travel anywhere in the in the world where would it be and why? 

"This is going to sound a little cliche, but it would have to be Hawaii. I mean who wouldn't want to go there? The beaches are so gorgeous." 

3. What's the one thing people don't know about you? 

"I'm into science. I won first place in a science fair, and I went on to compete nationally where I got a silver medal. My experiment was on how fruit juices and soft drinks affect your teeth. I think I changed a lot of perceptions on fruit juices and soft drinks. Hahahahahaha." 

4. What's your favourite party-starter song for the weekend? 

Believe it or not, I am into Abba. So Dancing Queen by Abba. Mama Mia put me on! 


If your teen also dreams of being a counselor one day, you should consider enrolling them for our Counselor-in-Training course. For more information on our upcoming holiday camps, view our events section on our Facebook page. To book a holiday camp, visit our website



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a seashell wind chime

5 Fun Facts about the Maze Runner

5 Camp games to play at home