Six Weeks of Madness!

Wow! Where do I even begin to explain these past holidays? It has been a long yet very rewarding holiday season. Sugar Bay was on the go every week this holiday, so in this weeks blog I would like to share all my favourite moments from the holidays!

Bubble Week! Let's just say this got extremely bubbly and my highlight for this week had to be the FOAM PIT PARTY NIGHT! There was nothing more fun than jumping into a foam pit and partying the night away with our guest DJ!





 
Holidays Week was definitely a big one with a whopping 211 campers at camp! The first day for me was the most magical! We brought every child's favourite holiday to life outside in our reception area! From Santa's Elves to our counselor witches stirring their pot of poison! We even had Lovers Lane in reception and St Paddy's Bar set up for the campers who were absolutely famished after their long journeys!



Wild Valley Water Park Week was definitely a divine and dazzling week! From the first day with our Sheiks and Belly Dancers to our decadent theme dinner where campers got to make their very own shwarmas -  it was one to remember!



Then New Years hit us with a bang! Time travel was a huge part of this week and what better way to celebrate going into the new year than with time travelling! The News Year Eve Party Night was one I will never forget. We started the night with flash mob training, where I saw some scary dance moves! Once the campers were all out of moves we partied the night away! Campers were then treated to an awesome fire show by some of our best spinners and then we had the most beautiful fire works display! 



Funsunzi Week was definitely what it stood for, so on the last day we took to the field for probably the most fun I have had in a long time! Sugar Bay Colour Fest! Campers and Counselors we covered from head to toe in all sorts of beautiful and bright colours! I still can't get it out of my hair!



The final best memory of the holidays had to be the tears I shed during the final camp fire of the holiday season! Our one and only Sangoma stood up a read a poem that brought most of us to tears. I was lucky enough to get it from him and share it with all of you.

Sugar Bays' final camp fire, where I've shed a tear,
reminds me why I come here year after year.
It's not just that sunshine that shears on my face,
or the amazing activities we do in this place.
It's not just the sugar cane stretching so far,
or sleeping at camp-outs under the stars.
It's the kids that I know, the people I see,
that is what makes this place so special to me!
It's helping a camper conquer their fears,
and seeing friends who I've not seen in years.
It's meeting new counselors and helping them grow,
and all of us saying, I don't want to go.
It's seeing my triplets coming to stay,
and feeling so sad that they are going away.
A reunion with the three musketeers,
friendships with people I treasure so dear.
I've had campers who are now working with me,
The scale of pride you wouldn't believe.
So here's to this place, 8 years from the start,
Its name in big letters, here on my heart!

By Sangoma 
Sugar Bay


For those of you that missed out on all the magical moments, make sure you don't miss out on the next magical holidays! For now, work hard in school and I'm sure your parents will send you to Sugar Bay! Remember, it's your world...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a seashell wind chime

5 Fun Facts about the Maze Runner

5 Camp games to play at home