How camp helps shy and insecure children


One reason that many parents send their kids to a holiday camp like Sugar Bay is so that they can make new friends and become more confident in a safe and fun environment, without the added pressure that often comes from school or home.

Evidently, many children have left Sugar Bay's shores having received much personal benefit from their holiday experience. They share their stories below:

Mvelo (High school student, Parktown):

"Sugar Bay changed my life forever. Before I came to Sugar Bay, I had a low self-esteem; I was anti-social and never had any friends. I chose to rather be at home, indoors, rather than playing outside because I was afraid of socializing with other kids as I felt like they would judge me. All of that began to change when I came to Sugar Bay, 10 years ago. I was inspired and encouraged to break out of my shell and socialize. Since then, I love coming back to Sugar Bay and making new friends. I’ve loved every single moment I’ve spent here at camp. Now, I have more confidence in myself."

Basani (High school student, Lonehill):

"Sugar Bay has taught me that it's okay to be me and that everyone at Sugar Bay is your friend. To this day, I am still friends with those girls from my first camp, as well as other camps I have been to thereafter. Today, I am a confident, open “social butterfly”, and I would be none of these things if it weren’t for Sugar Bay."

Matej (High school student, Johannesburg):

"I used to be a shy person who didn’t really have friends and never wanted to participate in any activities. I always pretended to have a good time, but secretly, I wanted to be somewhere else. I used to have anger management issues but all of that changed when I came here. I hope to continue to teach the kids the lessons I was taught the first time I came to camp."

 
Unlike other environments, holiday camps are specifically aimed at assisting children to overcome certain issues and to help them gain the skills they require to become confident and courageous individuals.If you are a parent with a shy and insecure child – a holiday camp at Sugar Bay is a good option to consider.

The above testimonials reveal limited information about the reviewer in order to protect the privacy of the children. However, Sugar Bay's Facebook Page boasts over 150 public reviews, which parents are encouraged to browse through if they are considering booking a camp.

Become a subscriber to our YouTube channel and check out some of the Reviews about Sugar Bay from parents, campers and schools. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a seashell wind chime

5 Fun Facts about the Maze Runner

5 Camp games to play at home