Specialized Classes at Sugar Bay

Sugar Bay is proud to announce that over and above the more than one hundred activities offered at camp, we’ve got our counselors to turn their talents and passions into specialized classes for our campers. 
 
Three new and exciting activities were introduced by our counselors; Yoga, Spoken-word poetry and Beat-boxing. 
 
Techno’s Funny Yoga Sessions

 
We’ve had yoga at camp before, but this class was given a whole new hilarious and enjoyable twist by Sugar Bay counselor, Techno. 
 
My yoga class is a fun little meditation exercise, in which I invite kids to join me in a judgment-free yoga session, where we go through a couple of cycles and have a few laughs along the way,” he said. 
 
The aim of Techno’s yoga class is to show kids new ways in which they can have fun whilst exercising and encourage healthy, active, living. 
 
Techno encourages kids to join his class by making it known to them that it’s going to be exciting and promoting the idea of yoga being a great start to every day. 
 
Techno went on to explain his passion for this class; Yoga is really an amazing way to align yourself into everyday life by relaxing your mind and exercising your body. It is also great in terms of flexibility, which helps in injury prevention and speeds up the recovery process of injuries.”

I want the campers who join my class to leave feeling relaxed and in a brighter mood,” said Techno. 
 
Grimm’s Spoken-Word Poetry 

 
Another extremely creative addition introduced by Sugar Bay counselor, Grimm, was spoken-word poetry. 
 
Grimm explained the concept of his class as; Simply to enthrall the idea of being able to describe almost anything using colourful and figurative languages.” 
 
The main focus of Grimm’s spoken-word poetry class is to enhance one’s ability to think creatively when speaking or writing. 
 
Grimm encourages campers to join his class by demonstrating with pieces he has written or thought of on the spot.

I am passionate about my class because I am in love with poetry and even more, literature. I consider myself a ‘word-nerd’ because I really do appreciate the art of spoken-word,” he shared. 
 
Grimm added; I want to create a bunch of confident, creative thinkers, with the will to recite and describe where their imagination takes them.”

Stance’s Beat-Boxing Classes

 
Having been hired for beat-boxing on a professional level, Sugar Bay counselor, Stance, couldn’t help but share his talent with everyone at camp. 
 
Stance’s beat-boxing class teachers campers the art of beat-boxing and how to creatively make music with the human mouth and vocals. 
 
The main focus of this class is to find new talent in this skill amongst youngsters and open their doors to the world of beat-boxing. 
 
Stance explains how he encourages campers to join his class; I show them my demo of beat-boxing and amp up the vibes so that they are excited to learn how to perform this skill,” he said. 
 
Beat-boxing is my passion, I’ve been doing it for 9 years now, and everyday, I learn new things and enjoy it more and more. To see what the human mouth can produce in terms of beat-boxing is incredible. Beat-boxing is an art on its own,” Stance shared passionately.

I want kids to be inspired to try out this form of art, just like I was, when I was first exposed to it. I want to teach them how to challenge themselves, set goals and see the results. I believe hard work pays off. Practice is key,” he added.

We’re so excited about these passionate instructors sharing their skills at camp and can’t wait for you to learn a thing or two from them. 
 
Call us on 032 485 3778 to book your spot for our August holiday camps. You can also book online. Visit our website for more information, and also to view the camp rates and dates.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a seashell wind chime

5 Fun Facts about the Maze Runner

5 Camp games to play at home