Poodle to the Rescue!!

A happy hello to you all :)

Let me tell you how my week has been.. Since we have no camps at the moment, I have had to keep myself entertained after work, which is great because I get to go on adventures and take photos :D

However, my one adventure didn’t go quite accordingly to my plan..

It was a cloudy Monday, late afternoon.. I decided I wanted to go for a kayak and get some photos, so off I went.. Little did I know there were big, dark, clouds moving swiftly overhead..
Before I knew it, I felt little tiny droplets of water on my head. I looked up, and right above my head was a very dark, grey cloud, lingering.. I knew I had to start paddling back, so I turned my kayak around and off I went. The rain quickly turned from a slight sprinkle to a heavy shower!
One problem: Our lagoon has broken, which means there was an immense amount of ocean water rushing into the lagoon.. Yes, I was trying to paddle against that current! My little arms were burning, and as fast as I was trying the paddle, the current just kept pulling me back in the opposite direction! Was I scared? Of course not!! (Okay, maybe a little..)

So what was my plan? To find solid ground to pull myself and my kayak onto, in the middle of who knows where, and wait for the rain to calm down.. It didn't.
Eventually I came up with a plan (a really dumb one). I was going to pull myself and my kayak all the way to the nearest location point, where someone could help me.. Since I'm geographically challenged, I soon realised that I could never pull the kayak all the way to the next location point, while barefoot, trekking through long grass, in the pouring rain.

I finally decided to call for help. Poodle to the rescue!!! Her last words to me were, “sit tight. I'm coming to save you.”
Now, I thought she'd organize for a car or something to come and rescue me, but oh no, not Poodle..
There she was in the distance, Kayaking across the lagoon, with a rope in her hand.
Thankfully the weather had calmed down so I toughened up, sludged through the mud, got into my kayak and full force ahead, I paddled to meet her half way.
Just when things couldn't get worse, I got stuck on a monster huge sand bank.. But not the nice beach sand, the dirty, knee high sinking, lagoon sand.. Which Poodle then mission through to unite our kayaks together with the rope. Now we were both covered in stinky mud, dripping wet, and in hysterics. Talk about an adventure.

Poodle soon realized that her phone was no longer in her pocket, and afraid of it being at the bottom of the lagoon, she asked me to call it. So I phoned, and it rang... she looked in all her pockets and couldn't find it, she then looked down at the water.....
The further down she bent and the lower her head went, the louder the ring became...
Hahaha turns out it wasn't in the lagoon, but in her bra! Talk about a safe pouch!

So back to camp we paddled, fighting the strong current together, and eventually reaching safety..
That was not the Monday adventure I was expecting.. But it was good fitness, and Poodle got more brownie points for saving me! Hoo-rah!
Note to self: Check weather BEFORE you go Kayaking.
Lesson learned. 

If you would like to see clips, I may have recorded a few and put them together ;)
Please bare in mind, my laptop is in for repairs so the software I am currently using is VERY limited on what I can do. So the clips are literally just cut together.
Hope this was a good entertainment read for you all,

Never stop smiling, laughing, and loving... It's contagious!
Make someone's day and pass on a smile, they're for free :)
Love to all, 


Comments

  1. Oh my word!! What a crazy unexpected adventure!
    I know you can laugh about it now but i bet you were super worried then!
    Glad everything worked out ok in the end and you were able to get out.
    Listen to the weather man next time luv!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing whatever it takes to get the best photos of the day! Thats what photography is all about! Glad that you got back safely! Keep these adventure posts coming!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a seashell wind chime

5 Fun Facts about the Maze Runner

5 Camp games to play at home