This Morning's Mini Roadtrip - Back to the 90s!

Hey friends!

So this morning I CRAWLED out of bed at half past 5 in the morning and rolled myself into the bathroom to get ready to visit Ashton College in Ballito.
I've never been a morning person... most of the time, I'm scared to look in the mirror until about 10am and battle to put a full sentance together until I have had my 9am cup of coffee. Today was somehow different.

Kodak, Dodge and myself grunted good morning to eachother and pulled ourselves into the Sugar Bay car at 6:30 in the morning (Who in their right mind is awake at this time!?!). As we were leaving Zinkwazi Beach, I decided to turn on the radio to keep us awake until we could stop to get some caffine in our systems. And... BAM! Spice Girls Wannabe was playing! I remember dancing around the living room to this song when I was about 13 years old with my younger sister - Hair in "Baby Spice" pigtails and my sister sporting a "Mel C" up-do.

All of us in the car - including "Mr Manly" himself, Rodger Dodger - started singing along, full blast, to this 90s hit, funny looks from passing cars and all. "I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want!". Now... I can imagine Dodge as scary spice, can't you?

So... now we're energized without coffee. It's a miracle! We get coffee anyway... now we can form full sentances without the Spice Girls backing track.

Ashton College was sooo cool. We sat in on the best school assembly ever, where they gave money for the Save the Rhino Fund, Talked about helping others and expressed the importance of compassion. What a cool school.
To top it off, we got to tell them all about Sugar Bay and sing Tarzan with them.
We're even more excited because we have the Ashton Grade 5s coming to us on Monday morning (after coffee time, of course).

After this I got to go buy new shoes and a really pretty dress AND we were back at Sugar Bay by half past 9! I feel like we've got a lot done this morning. Now... TIME FOR THE WEEKEND!!!! WOOP WOOP!

Till next time - stay cool and sing along to Spice Girls.

Poodle xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a seashell wind chime

5 Fun Facts about the Maze Runner

5 Camp games to play at home