Sugar Bay is heaven for kids

Tweet, a newbie staff member, shares her experience about her first impressions of Sugar Bay.

Like many new campers, I didn't know what to expect for my first time at Sugar Bay. I was excited and scared at the same time, and an unexpected delay had me freaked out, since I was expected to arrive at 9am. All of that changed the minute I arrived. I felt like a kid in a candy shop and there were so many cool things that caught my eye as I made my way to the reception area. I couldn't wait to take photos and post on my Facebook and Instagram accounts.


I was introduced to the amazing Sugar Bay team and when I say amazing, I literally mean the team is just too sweet but the counselors have to be my favourite. The few counselors that I can remember are Tropika, Pepsi, Veggie, Iron Brew, Gummy Bear and Freestyle. Yes, I think there is a Freestyle at camp. If I were given the chance, I would honestly go back to school just so I could experience the epic time children have here.

I arrived just in time to see the Southdowns College's grade six school tour group arrive too. The office staff called out, “You don't wanna miss this, the school is here!” I rushed down to see those little boys and girls arriving with their luggage and the biggest smiles. It was priceless. Excitement was written all over their faces and they could not wait to see what the week had in store for them.

As it was also my first camp experience, I couldn't help but be in awe of the little things that warmed my heart. After arrival the children were divided into their cabin groups. The love and team spirit evident as each joined their different groups was inspiring.

During supper I got to see the children working together in a team as they cleaned up after themselves. I am sure their parents will be impressed when their little one's come home more responsible. After camp, I doubt anyone will have to remind them about their chores.

I also had the privilege of going to the beach with the group, how cool is that? There were loads of activities that catered for everyone. These activities ranged from surfing, kayaking, body boarding, beach craft, beach soccer and loads of FUN - even the teachers are having the time of their lives.

The first thing I told my big sister when she called to check up on me the other night was, “You have to bring your kids here, this place is so cool!”

The good news is that there are upcoming camps in July, August,October and December. You wouldn't want your child to miss out on all this fun. For more information on the rates and dates, visit our website here: www.sugarbay.co.za.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a seashell wind chime

5 Fun Facts about the Maze Runner

5 Camp games to play at home