Get to know TGIF (Fresh)


"I came to Sugar Bay as a fresh young kid at 19, I had to grow up very quickly and camp was the right place to be because it taught me responsibility. I also gained skill sets that would help me in my future endeavours."

Working as a radio host on 5fm on the afternoon drive (weekdays 3-6pm) and presenting a T.V game show, Msizi James explains how his time at Sugar Bay has helped in growing his character and preparing him for his career.

We caught up with Msizi, popularly known as TGIF, on his humble beginnings at the Bay and how he had a hand in the building of the climbing wall at Sugar Bay.



1. What's the craziest, messiest, most mind-boggling thing have you have ever done or been done to you at the Bay?

"The messiest thing that ever happened at the bay always involved special loans and a legendary counselor named Chana. If it was your birthday, he would make you a toxic cocktail of whatever was around and you had to drink it to get the (staff) party started."

2. What's the one thing people don't know about you?

"Well besides the fact that I had a hand in the building of the climbing wall haha, people don't know that Tape (the old head counselor) is the one who FORCED me to audition for my first ever radio job, so I owe a lot to him."

3. What is your most memorable Sugar Bay camp and why?

"I met my little brother for the time at Sugar Bay. He was here for a school camp, a complete chance meeting that changed my life forever."

4. What's your spirit animal?

 "Seth Rogan......"

5. How has being at Sugar Bay influenced your life?

"Oh my goodness, I always tell people how Sugar Bay was the most life-changing time of my life. One of the most valuable lessons I learnt was MCing and being able to talk to people, which is a big part of my job now."

If you would like to become a counselor at the Bay, book a C.I.T course or visit our website for more information on our C.I.T course.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a seashell wind chime

5 Fun Facts about the Maze Runner

5 Camp games to play at home