Tea-making with Teaspoon


"Tea- making is a form of meditation for me, nothing is on my mind except the smell of the herbs, the different textures and the outcome of the different herb combinations."

His love for tea began with a birthday tradition his mom started, where he found himself receiving a cup of tea on the night before and the morning of his birthday.

"My mom always wanted to make me the last cup of tea of the age I was, and the first cup of the age I was turning. I can safely say my mom is my inspiration when it comes to tea-making." He shared.

When introducing his tea-making at Sugar Bay as a specialized class, he was inflicted with doubts of whether campers would want to take part. 

"When I first advertised my class, no-one came and I was so bummed about it. About twenty minutes later, three kids came up to me and asked if we could make some tea. That's when I knew my tea-making class was not just about teaching kids how to make tea; but it was also about teaching myself life- skills, such as patience in this instance." 






The future tea sommelier gave us a glimpse of his magic by revealing one of his recipe's.


Champion chai:


What you will need : 

  • Cinnamon quills
  • Peppercorns
  • Pinch of nutmeg 
  • Honey 
  • 1 part water 
  • 2 parts milk 
  • Pot 
  • Tea sieve 
  • Love 
  • Peace in your heart 
  • Tea bags 

Method : 

Step 1: Add all the ingredients, except the tea bags and honey, into a pot. Place on a stove and set it                     on medium heat.

Step 2: Stir all the ingredients for 2 minutes. Tear open the tea bags and empty the loose tea into 
            the mix.
            
Step 3: Bring the ingredients to a slow boil while stirring (do not let it boil over).

Step 4: After 10 minutes of stirring, pour the tea into mugs through the tea sieve. 

Step 5: Add honey (or sugar) to each cup for taste. 

Step 5: Sip with calm indulgence and be prepared to have your mind blown and your heart warmed.  



We're always creating innovating and exciting specialized classes at the Bay. Follow our Pinterest channel for more art and camp crafts inspiration. 




             

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a seashell wind chime

5 Fun Facts about the Maze Runner

5 Camp games to play at home